Everglades Exploration Network

Exploring the Everglades (148)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Kayak Flyfishing

Got a light tackle spinning rod and a fly rod that I'm looking to carry on my kayak. Piddled around with the fly rod on some soccer fields.…

Started by Wayne Wells

8 Mar 2, 2010
Reply by Miami101

An interesting stay at the Watson Place

Just a few things to share with all of you concerning our latest camping trip. We spent 2 nights at Watson Place and one night on Rabbit Ke…

Started by Connie Mier

5 Feb 11, 2010
Reply by Juan Estevez

The Fish Kill

Yakmaster posted some heartbreaking pictures of the fish kill that just dismay me to no end. Are these pictures representative of the whole…

Started by Wayne Wells

10 Feb 11, 2010
Reply by toofaraway

History of the Florida Trail

The program, Florida Crossroads will be airing a segment on the history of the Florida Trail. You can view it online at:   http://www.wfsu.…

Started by vivian

0 Jan 27, 2010

9 Days Circumnavigating Whitewater Bay

Happy New Year to all! Vivian and I just returned from our annual holiday trip through the glades. This year, we did a route that started i…

Started by Connie Mier

8 Jan 6, 2010
Reply by Connie Mier

What is the name of this plant?

We usually see it on the outer keys of the 10,000 islands area. It has green or brown pods covered in spikes. The vine also has thorns on i…

Started by Megan Digeon

2 Dec 31, 2009

Wilderness Waterway 50th Anniversary

As you all know by now, we are approaching the 50th anniversary of the founding of the Wilderness Waterway in ENP. Thanks to yakmaster, the…

Started by Keith W

13 Dec 15, 2009
Reply by Keith W

My rookie mistakes in my first ever Everglades adventure

First off, I had a great trip; it was a truly unbelievable experience, every day I saw dolphins, all kinds of game fish, sea turtles peekin…

Started by Juan Estevez

5 Dec 8, 2009
Reply by Esther Luft

New Google Earth imges for the Everglades

Has anyone noticed that GE has updated some images of the ENP? The 10K island region looks better, but southeast of Flamingo not that well.…

Started by Juan Estevez

9 Nov 23, 2009
Reply by toofaraway

Tides @ Camp Lonesome?

We are considering shuttling our kayaks into Camp Lonesome in Nov 09 via boat. The closest tidal info I can find is the mouth of Lostmans r…

Started by Walt

8 Nov 21, 2009
Reply by Walt

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith W.   Powered by

Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service