Everglades Exploration Network

Exploring the Everglades (148)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Any road cyclists out there

I am looking for an effective but reasonably stable/compact way to carry my Canon 50D while riding my bike. Anyone got any suggestions. Loo…

Started by Wayne Wells

2 Aug 26, 2010
Reply by Keith W

Payne's Prairie Preserve

Anyone been there before? It's very near Gainesville, FL. Good things to do? Is it worth it? 

Started by Daniel Madrigal

1 Aug 19, 2010
Reply by yakmaster

Help with volunteer effort to clean up at Everglades National Park - Chokoloskee Island is meeting place.

INTERNATIONAL COASTAL CLEAN UP DAY - SEPT 25th, 2010   Everglades Area Tours and Chokoloskee Island Park will coordinating volunteer effort…

Started by vivian

0 Aug 19, 2010

Kayak friendly docks??

A comment was made about kayak friendly docks and I was wondering what constitutes a friendly, as opposed to an unfriendly dock. I've got p…

Started by Wayne Wells

3 Aug 10, 2010
Reply by toofaraway

Wilderness Waterway Documentary

Hello friends! I am seriously considering taking a paddling trip in mid-March and filming the entire experience. I have done an east river-…

8 Jul 14, 2010
Reply by Esther Luft

Mosquito Indication Gadget

Any way that a gadget can  be hung off of the site that would give a quick snapshot of the strenght of mosquitoes in the park. At congaree…

Started by Wayne Wells

6 Jul 12, 2010
Reply by Esther Luft

Mosquito fall collapse

I want to come in the fall due to a planned surgery in the winter. When do the skeeters start to really decrease such that they are managea…

Started by Wayne Wells

2 Jul 8, 2010
Reply by Juan Estevez

Unmarked trails and gates in ENP & Paurotis Pond

Does anyone have any old maps or know where all those blocked off gates in the park go? I know that cars aren't allowed but does anyone sti…

3 Jun 15, 2010
Reply by yakmaster

Oil spill and the Everglades.

Hard to imagine this is happening and may affect our beloved Everglades. Would love to hear members thoughts, plan of action if any.

Started by vivian

9 Jun 10, 2010
Reply by Wayne Wells

Road to Bear Lake Trail launch

Hi everyone, wondering if any of you have recently driven the road that leads to the launch site for Bear Lake trail.  I'm thinking about h…

Started by Connie Mier

8 Mar 3, 2010
Reply by Connie Mier

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith W.   Powered by

Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service