Everglades Exploration Network

Exploring the Everglades (148)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Little Sable Creek

Does anyone know if Little Sable Creek is passable after Irma? 

Started by Randy Dudley

0 Mar 27, 2018

Lane Bay Area

I am thinking of a canoe trip this winter, in the area north east of Lane Bay area. I have camped at North River Chickee once and paddled f…

Started by Dave Briggs

12 Jan 29, 2018
Reply by yakmaster

Status of Carl Ross and Sandy Keys (?)

Hi, I'm wondering if anyone has an idea what Carl Ross Key and Sandy Key look like after Irma. I heard that Cape Sable beaches added sand.…

Started by toofaraway

4 Nov 9, 2017
Reply by Flex Kayakfari.com

Visit to Little Rabbit Key

Took a trip out to Little Rabbit Key.  One of the hotter places I have been to during my past wet season camping trips. https://www.findmes

Started by Ted

0 Jun 3, 2017

St. Mary's Cathedral?

I was looking at the new to me mapbook for ENP at https://www.nps.gov/ever/learn/management/upload/EVER_Mapbook_compendiumFloridaBay0306201

Started by Gary M

2 Apr 14, 2017
Reply by yakmaster

Fun video about canoeing the wilderness waterway.

Although it does capture the constant problems of camping with power boaters using way too many tents.. It was a fun video to watch and fea…

Started by vivian

2 Mar 21, 2017
Reply by Ted

Crocodile Point Trail

Being a water traveler I rarely hike the tourist trails out of Flamingo. This weekend was so windy we decided to bike and hike the main tra…

Started by vivian

3 Mar 14, 2017
Reply by David James Knight

Chief Chekika’s not so secret island hideaway in the Everglades!

Contemporary Everglades exploration series: “Chekika Island” (click pic) A nearly forgotten place, yet an important piece of Florida hist…

Started by Flex Kayakfari.com

4 Mar 13, 2017
Reply by David James Knight

What are some good sea kayaks to complete a solo thru run?

Dear paddlers, I want to do a paddle from Everglades City to Flamingo sometime this coming winter, and I currently don’t have a kayak large…

Started by Jason Jones

31 Oct 10, 2016

Hell in the Glades Trip

Was out in the Glades this past weekend for 3 nights and 3 days.  Got to try out the rebuilt Sweetwater Chickee.  Same layout but all new w…

Started by Ted

21 Jun 20, 2016

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith W.   Powered by

Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service