Everglades Exploration Network

Exploring the Everglades (148)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Loop from Flamingo through Whitewater Bay and out to capes Oct 6-10

I had called Flamingo and talked with a Ranger in regards to mosquitos. He had told me that they were bad, and knowing this we decided to g…

Started by Randy Dudley

4 Oct 28, 2015
Reply by Randy Dudley

Looping the Everglades

Hi all, I am planning a loop paddling trip next spring. Weather permitting, I plan to start at Flamingo and sea kayak up the coast to the E…

Started by Jamey Myron

3 Sep 13, 2015
Reply by Jay

Mornings like this are made on Florida Bay! :)

A view to a Chill – good morning from Little Rabbit Key in Florida Bay! https://kayakfari.wordpress.com/2015/04/25/a-view-to-a-chill-go

Started by Flex Kayakfari.com

2 Apr 29, 2015
Reply by Flex Kayakfari.com

Gopher Key, etc.

Has anyone been to Hamilton Mound, near Hog Key, or Johnson Mound off of Lostmans River? Has any thing been written about these two or Goph…

Started by Rob Stevens

8 Apr 26, 2015
Reply by SrHite

Hells Bay Overnight

Below is a trip report of my overnight stay at Hells Bay Chickee this past weekend. www.findmespot.com/spotadventures/index.php/view_advent

Started by Ted

6 Apr 24, 2015
Reply by vivian

Kayak rental in the everglades area.

Hi all, A friend and I are planning to spend 5 or 6 days in Florida Bay starting at Flamingo, crossing Florida Bay to Long Key, back up to…

Started by Dave Briggs

4 Mar 13, 2015
Reply by Dallas

Walking the L-28 levee from Tamiami Trail to Big Cypress

I was walking around the new (to me) boat ramp at the nexus of the L-28 levees just off the Tamiami Trail last week. One of the levees is s…

Started by M.A.P.

20 Jan 6, 2015
Reply by Swamp Hunter

Three nighter in Whitewater Bay/ Hell's Bay?

Looking for some ideas on a route in Whitewater Bay/Hell's Bay area! My wife and I want to paddle a three nighter with about 10-12 miles pe…

Started by Michael Waldman

10 Jan 1, 2015
Reply by Amazon Bill

Help with Still Creek to Alligator Creek route

Looking for a shortcut - rather than paddling 9 miles from West Lake to Alligator Point and Garfield Bight would like to find a shorter and…

Started by Bob Bonnen

8 Nov 9, 2014
Reply by Amazon Bill

Weston archaeological sites

I hope this isn't off-topic - heck, Weston *was* in the Everglades less than 20 years ago.  Apparently this area is rich in Tequesta sites,…

Started by M.A.P.

0 Sep 22, 2014

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith W.   Powered by

Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service