Everglades Exploration Network

Exploring the Everglades (148)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

This years wish list

Due to family illness and financial issues we won't be able to make a trip this year. So, what are the rest of you planning for this winter?

Started by Jeremy Clark

0 Sep 21, 2014

Mid June 2014 Paddle from Chokoloskee to Crooked Creek Chickee for Exploration up into New River

I am interested in putting together an investigative paddle mid-June based out of the Crooked Creek Chickee at the lower end of Sunday Bay…

Started by shawn beightol

91 Jul 1, 2014
Reply by yakmaster

Everglades Hiking with an Altitude - Exploring the Slough and Sawgrass Prairies of Shark Valley

Hi all, I think you will enjoy this one! CLICK pic or link below: A short photographic adventure into the sawgrass prarie of Shark Valley…

Started by Flex Kayakfari.com

9 May 29, 2014
Reply by Jim Peele

Chokoloskee- 10,000 Islands in early May? Dumb idea?

Thinking about a quick two day trip out to one of the islands this week or next. Have never been this late in the season. Is it bearable? N…

Started by SteveS

18 May 17, 2014
Reply by vivian

Short trip Easter weekend

Planning on doing EC to Jewel key to Picnic key to EC Friday through Sunday with the family.  Has anyone been in that area recently?  How a…

Started by Tony L

2 Apr 13, 2014
Reply by Tony L

Everglades National Park....old coral structure (bear lake canoe trail)?

Years ago (about 32) I came across an old coral building while canoeing in the everglades and I do not remember where it is.  I remember th…

Started by Armando del Portillo

5 Mar 19, 2014
Reply by yakmaster

Interesting Repository of Random 10000 Island and Everglades History

While looking into smuggler's history in the glades near lostmans, I ran across this site (text is VERY slow to load on my work computer) t…

Started by shawn beightol

10 Mar 13, 2014
Reply by shawn beightol

Pourotis Pond

Last time out I saw the sign was finally down for no paddling. Anything back there worth launching for? Or is it just a small lake?

Started by Daniel Madrigal

15 Feb 24, 2014
Reply by Jay

Got smacked :-(

Good evening, As you all know the weather in the Everglades can shift quickly. Our plan went pretty well, only an hour late after driving 1…

Started by Jeremy Clark

31 Feb 18, 2014
Reply by Jeremy Clark

charley creek

anyone know the condition of the creek? is it open? if so, how much? thanks!

Started by daniel

11 Feb 8, 2014
Reply by Kim Gass

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith W.   Powered by

Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service