Everglades Exploration Network

General Discussion (186)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Presenting the alternative facts of the winter at Little Rabbit Key.

Winter’s last snow on Florida Bay in the frozen Everglades! (click pic) https://kayakfari.wordpress.com/kayakfari-art/art-of-alternative-

Started by Flex Kayakfari.com

1 Mar 11, 2017
Reply by Jay

Big Cypress and Flamingo by motorcycle.

Going to be making a trip the middle of the month to Big cypress for a night then riding on down to Flamingo the next day for 2 nights.  Lo…

Started by Dennis McDonald

6 Feb 20, 2017
Reply by Dennis McDonald

This week on Camping with the Stars. Part I – A Trip to the Moon!

. This week on Camping with the Stars. Part I – A Trip to the Moon! . New-style fantastic imagery from the Everglades. . (click pic) . htt…

Started by Flex Kayakfari.com

3 Feb 13, 2017
Reply by Flex Kayakfari.com

How do you store your water?

As I prepare and research for multi-day trips in the glades, I am confused over what the best method for storing water is. I'm using a sea…

Started by Jason Jones

8 Nov 4, 2016
Reply by Swamp Hunter

How to convert a GE kmz file to a GPX file & Bonus steps for Delorme PN-60 GPS users

Hello Glades Go Deep Junkies: Many of us wonder how to convert a GE kmz file to a GPX file and preserve all the same details. I found the w…

Started by Amazon Bill

2 Oct 24, 2016
Reply by Amazon Bill

Is Collier Seminole open yet?

We're heading down February with a trailer. I have always liked camping there before and after trip. We hope we can leave the trailer at EC…

Started by Kim Gass

0 Sep 7, 2016

Can anyone recommend a good PFD with pockets?

I'm looking for a PFD/life vest that has pockets for emergency items. Perhaps D-rings or other attachment points for other items as well. W…

Started by Dallas

5 Aug 18, 2016
Reply by Tyler Thompson

summer kayak camping.

Hi all, Just moved to Sarasota from New England in October. Have done a few winter trips in Everglades / Keys and 10000 islands areas. Does…

Started by Dave Briggs

18 Jun 26, 2016
Reply by Flex Kayakfari.com

Launching and showers at Everglades Ciry

Hello all. I am planning a five day kayak trip from Everglades City this weekend. My plan is to launch at ranger station. My question is do…

Started by Randy Dudley

4 Apr 28, 2016
Reply by Randy Dudley

Watertribe EC 2016

Below is a recap of my 2016 Everglades Challenge.  I made it from Crooked Creek chickee to Joe River chickee in one shot following the wind…

Started by Ted

0 Apr 16, 2016

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith W.   Powered by

Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service