Everglades Exploration Network

Trail Conditions - Everglades (50)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Fire

The fire at Avacoda Creek was put out by rain per NPS. 500 Acres burned and Canepatch camp site was reported as not affected.

Started by Amazon Bill

2 Aug 13, 2014
Reply by Jeremy Clark

Getting Lost Charley Creek

Allison and I left Sweetwater for Turkey Key via Gopher Key on April 9th with a quarter moon tide. That gave us a Barron River low tide…

Started by Rob Stevens

11 Jan 11, 2014
Reply by Rob Stevens

Flamingo to East Cape

I have not been on this route for a few years.  Is it possible to stay very close to the shoreline at high tide phase all the way there?  N…

Started by vivian

22 Jan 3, 2014
Reply by Jay

Closed Chickees Dec 2013

Just a heads up. Sweetwater is closed through December and Oyster Bay is limited.

Started by Rob Stevens

11 Jan 1, 2014
Reply by Rob Stevens

Craigheads Pond Canoe Trail

The rain has spiked water station 251432080444100 up from -0.35 to 0.00. This makes Craigheads Pond Canoe Trail paddleable.   The water wil…

Started by Terry

49 Nov 11, 2013
Reply by Terry

Nightmare Status

There was a report after Isaac that The Nightmare was impassible.  Anyone have an update on the trail status?  Thanks much.  Jay

Started by Jay

14 Dec 11, 2012
Reply by rudderless

Turner River

Hi, My friends and I are planning to paddle from Turner River canoe launch down to Flamingo in the beginning of Dec. Can anyone give me any…

Started by Dave Briggs

24 Dec 16, 2011
Reply by Kim Gass

Bear Lake Road status?

Hey, does anyone know when the road to the Bear Lake trail will be open?   I had hoped to paddle out last weekend but found the gate locked…

Started by Gary M

0 Nov 29, 2011

USGS Realtime Water Levels

Need to know the depth of the water in the back country? If you are looking for real time online water levels at the hundreds of governemen…

Started by Amazon Bill

28 Nov 4, 2011
Reply by Swamp Hunter

Mormon Key Campsite

October 1, 2011 -- Not a trail per se but a condition worthy of mention.  The Mormon Key campsite is overrun with sandspurs.  There are no…

Started by Esther Luft

21 Oct 20, 2011
Reply by Terry

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith W.   Powered by

Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service