Everglades Exploration Network

Saturday June 15 Loop Road to Mystery Dome! Come out!

Loop Road Eastern Entrance on US 41/Tamiami Trail, Big Cypress National Preserve
Yes, it's summer & hot as ____, but the wildflowers & orchids are in bloom & we'll start earlier, do a shorter hike (4 miles) & spend more time exploring "mystery dome". Long pants & hiking sticks are suggested (I have about 6 loaners).

We'll meet at the Eastern entrance to Loop Road & carpool/caravan from there to the trail about 14 miles away. We'll do about 2 miles on the trail & bushwack for about 1/4 mile to explore a large and beautiful cypress dome. Bring 68oz water minimum, a small backpack, snacks, etc. Bring cash too if you want to have some venison chili or a burger or hot dog & beer at the famous "Luckys" bar & grille on Loop Road. Lucky has lived there all his life & makes his living photographing "Natures Exotic Beauty" - semi naked ladies in the Everglades :) A stop at Lucky's always leaves you with a story or two to share.

My cell is 786.942.9156. Hope you can make it & bring a friend. Hikes are free, but we do encourage folks to consider joining the Florida Trail Association, as it's a non-profit and can use your support. $5 off through me on hike days.
Link to the Facebook event page:

Views: 244

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I have hiked that area for 35 years.  Are you refering to the Busch Camp Trail inside the Loop Unit or the Florida Trail/Slab Road?  14 miles is that the Florida Trail across from Paces Dike?  Busch Camp Trail is about 12.

Dale you out at Camp last resort? Please email me had some questions?

No.  I am currently working and living in Bear Island.  It looks as if the Addition Lands will not open for hunting this year.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith W.   Powered by

Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service