Everglades Exploration Network

Exploring the Everglades (148)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Wilderness Wateway Pioneers

In the early 1970's I was canoeing mostly day trips out of the Flamingo and Everglades City Area, with occasional over-night trips usually…

Started by Terry

20 Nov 10, 2009
Reply by toofaraway

Sweetwater to Sunday North Route

It's off the NOAA Nautical Chart, which is probably why I've never taken this route, but it shows clearly on the aerials: At the Chatham Ri…

Started by Terry

7 Sep 28, 2009
Reply by vivian

GPS in the Everglades

Greetings to all, I am planning one or two trips to the Everglades this coming season, I had read Keith site and Connie's blog trying to le…

Started by Juan Estevez

30 Sep 23, 2009
Reply by Keith Wellman

North Route to Lane Bay

There are two creeks that would make a good, more direct, alternate route from Pearl Bay to Lane Bay, if they are passable. Both look good…

Started by Terry

2 Sep 3, 2009
Reply by Terry

Charlie Creek?

I have been looking @ charts and aerial views of Charlie Creek, and it looks like you could make it into Gopher Key from the west (Turkey K…

Started by Walt

2 Jun 29, 2009
Reply by Keith W

Changes at Flamingo

The old Lodge is gone, so are the cabins, razed to the ground. There is a new amphitheater built on the site of the old one by the bay nea…

Started by Keith W

0 Jun 19, 2009

We've got water again

I was down in the Park last Sunday and I'm happy to report that all water trails are back to their normal levels. So are the skeeters! Wate…

Started by Keith W

0 Jun 19, 2009

Wilderness Waterway Plus

I canoed from Everglades City to Flamingo in 1975, Coot Bay Pond to Everglades City in 1977, Hells Bay Trail to Turner River/Tamiami Trail…

Started by Terry

13 Jan 26, 2009
Reply by Keith W

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith W.   Powered by

Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service