Everglades Exploration Network

Off-trail Backcountry Exploration (42)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Potable Water

I plan on biking to a campsite which I'm trying to identify before April this year.  It's southwest of Gum Slough.  I'll be biking from aro…

Started by Chris H

1 Mar 14, 2016
Reply by Chris Meyers

Moving Water South to Shark River Slough and Beyond

http://www.sfwmd.gov/portal/page/portal/xrepository/sfwmd_repository_pdf/ops_update_2016_0215.pdf   http://www.naplesnews.com/news/environm

Started by Joseph Schmidt

8 Mar 8, 2016
Reply by Joseph Schmidt

Shark River Slough

Shark River Slough I have done many canoe trips in Everglades National Park since the early 1970's, a number of routes from Flamingo to Ev…

Started by Terry

24 Oct 22, 2015
Reply by Terry

August Exploration of Sweetwater Slough Southwest from Loop Road?

Discussion forming of a 3-4 day kayak paddle/drag SW from loop road (bend) of Sweetwater Slough/Creek. Yes, I've heard it "peters out" SW…

Started by shawn beightol

44 Aug 31, 2015
Reply by Flex Kayakfari.com

Searching for a "New" Old Passage from Big Cypress Down to Everglades National Park Wilderness Waterway

I have crossed south from the Big Cypress to the Wilderness Waterway 3 different routes in the past: Turner River, New River and Shark Vall…

0 Aug 20, 2015

Lake Okeechobee to Flamingo Backcountry Mountain Bike Trip Spring 2015 5-6 days, 210 miles

Here is the description of the ride plan so far.  I am open to suggestions to modifying the route.  It is by no means final until we start…

37 Aug 17, 2015
Reply by Roger Hammer

2 Night Suggestion

Hello All,  We are two newbies headed to the Everglades next week. Wanted to know if anyone had a 2 night, 3 day recommendation either lea…

Started by Lauren M

11 Feb 19, 2015
Reply by Lauren M

Smugglers Run

Stair Steps (near Coconut Hammock) down to Willy Willy or Mullet Bay. This one exists it's just a matter of finding it. There are many adv…

Started by Terry

23 Aug 22, 2014
Reply by Terry

Fort Harrell Found by 3 EEN Members: Shawn Beightol, Chris Harris, & Tony Pernas

NEWS RELEASE For Immediate Release 1837 SEMINOLE INDIAN WAR FORT HARRELL FOUND BY LOCAL GLADES EXPLORERS Ending a Century of Mystery, Sh…

21 Aug 5, 2014
Reply by M.A.P.

Hike North From ENP Main Road at Pinelands Out of Park to SW 287th Ave

I've been wanting to do this for a couple years.  Last week I had a meeting at ENP Homestead HQ and decided to do it: There's a road leadi…

2 Jul 10, 2014
Reply by shawn beightol

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith W.   Powered by

Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service