Everglades Exploration Network

Off-trail Backcountry Exploration (42)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Pahayokee to Rookery Branch?

I had been wondering if it was possible to go from Pahayokee Overlook to the airboat trail in Shark River Slough. The hope was to be able t…

Started by Geoffrey H Kendrick

39 Jan 22, 2021
Reply by Flex Kayakfari.com

BCNP to ENP connections

This thread picks up from Vivian's remark about the FTA's idea of a trail connecting the BCNP and ENP in the 'Gator Hook trail' discussion.…

Started by Keith W

30 May 8, 2018
Reply by shawn beightol

May trip - Gator Hook to Roberts Lakes Strand

I have a mind to try and reach Robert's Lakes Strand from the Gator Hook Trail on the Monroe Station leg of the Loop. I know the Fl. Scenic…

Started by Keith W

551 Aug 9, 2017
Reply by shawn beightol

Shark Valley to Pay-hay-okee?

Shark Valley to Pay-hay-okee? Bet water is low enough to do this hike before rains set in.Last time I heard it was done was in the 70s. A…

Started by shawn beightol

1 Apr 19, 2017
Reply by Flex Kayakfari.com

The Lost Portage is no longer Lost

Over the weekend of December 4-5, our team of six made the connection known as the Lost Portage, between North Harney River and Broad River…

Started by Keith W

82 Jan 16, 2017
Reply by Jay

East Everglades

The New Bridge Loop was mapped in October 2013.  It's a wonderful 5 mile loop starting and ending at the public ramp at Coopertown or the…

Started by Terry

7 May 9, 2016
Reply by Terry

Pedal and Paddle in Shark Valley: The kayak and the wheel, a symbiotic relationship.

A short adventure that took all day.. kayaking to Seagrape Hammock, aka Willoughby Key in the Everglades! click pic for story https://k…

Started by Flex Kayakfari.com

12 Mar 31, 2016
Reply by Gary M

Thanks for the Information!

Water and Campsite ID - I would like to thank Chris Meyers and Dallas for the information supplied.It all makes sense now!  LOLSeriously, t…

Started by Chris H

2 Mar 29, 2016
Reply by Chris H

Paces Dike to Lostman's Pine Exploration During Memorial Day Weekend 2015 - Dry Season

First of all, if you are going out into the woods this time of year, you need to plan on 1 gallon water per person minimum.  Do NOT count o…

Started by shawn beightol

6 Mar 14, 2016
Reply by Chris Meyers

Help Identifying Primitive Campsite

I plan on bicycling from around Lucky's on Loop Road to Pace's Dike and from there to a primitive campsite which I would like to identify a…

Started by Chris H

4 Mar 14, 2016
Reply by Chris Meyers

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith W.   Powered by

Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service