Everglades Exploration Network

Off-trail Backcountry Exploration (42)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

New River Prairie/New River Strand Out to Sunday Bay

I just posted pictures from the epic kayak pull from Highway 41 south to New River Strand to New River. My 2 friends Leanne and Scott and…

Started by shawn beightol

49 Jul 9, 2014
Reply by yakmaster

2014 New River/Ft Harrel Search Summary with Late June 2014 Surgical Bike/Hike to New River Head

5 Missions to New River in Search of Historic Seminole War Fort Harrell (http://books.google.com/books?id=HV80mOj8p0AC&lpg=PA7&ots=

Started by shawn beightol

5 Jun 30, 2014
Reply by shawn beightol

Taylor Slough

Taylor Slough The first time I heard of canoeing down Taylor Slough was in the early 1980's while re-locating Still Creek. Helping us in S…

Started by Terry

24 Mar 7, 2014
Reply by shawn beightol

Joe River to Fox Lake Route

On the weekend of Feb 1 and 2, 2014 several adventures seekers established routes to Fox Lake and to East Cape from Bear Lake. Refer to the…

Started by Amazon Bill

11 Feb 5, 2014
Reply by toofaraway

High Water Opportunities

This year's historic high water created some unique opportunities for off the mapped trail travel. Besides wandering far & wide east of…

Started by yakmaster

6 Dec 3, 2013
Reply by Flex Kayakfari.com

Circumnavigating Atlantic Coast to Gulf Coast

Planning my annual trip now and of my 3 possible routes, I am leaning toward putting in near Hillsboro Inlet in northern Broward County and…

Started by rudderless

5 Oct 11, 2013
Reply by rudderless

Figure Eight

Okay, let's get this scheduled. Charlie, how about Saturday 20 April you available? The only issue is that's late in the season, do you thi…

Started by Terry

11 Apr 18, 2013
Reply by Jay

Fakahatchee River

Vivian asked on 26 January "...is the Fakahatchee River open?", I take that as an invitation to the next probe.   Faka Union River and East…

Started by Terry

98 Mar 23, 2013
Reply by Jim Peele

Ferguson Bay Loop

On Saturday 4 February 2012 Esther, Flex, Amanda, Dan, Kara and I launched 2 canoes and 2 kayaks from the Gulf Coast Ranger Station at 07:3…

Started by Terry

27 Mar 2, 2013
Reply by yakmaster

East of Nine Mile Pond

Who else here has paddled/poled the area east on Nine Mile Pond (other than Terry, whose epic voyage is chronicled here). Last year I poled…

Started by Keith W

47 Jul 8, 2012
Reply by Geoffrey H Kendrick

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith W.   Powered by

Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service