Everglades Exploration Network

Off-trail Backcountry Exploration (42)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

J.N. "Ding" Darling National Wildlife Refuge

I don't know if they spray the island or what but I was over there last weekend and there were no bugs.  Summer paddling is hot but my fee…

Started by Terry

1 May 19, 2012

Backcountry Permits?

Ok I've read that u need a backcountry permit in order to camp out in the glades, but no where do I see a hyperlink for a permit website or…

Started by Michael Palozzola

18 Nov 19, 2011
Reply by Walt

Mitchell Landing Airboat Launch

Today we drove around the loop looking for potential kayak launch sites. The airboat launch at Mitchell Landing looked promising. We were h…

Started by Esther Luft

29 Oct 9, 2010
Reply by Flex Kayakfari.com

Exploring Charley Creek

I'm planning my upcoming trip leaving some time for exploration, Charley Creek looks like a nice route from the gulf to Cannon Bay. Has an…

Started by Juan Estevez

6 Dec 26, 2009
Reply by Miami101

Paurotis Pond to Pearl Bay

Paurotis Pond to Pearl Bay Has anybody done this? I made a short attempt back in the early 1980's but not having aerial photos or a GPS,…

Started by Terry

5 Nov 28, 2009
Reply by Miami101

Turner to Ev City...Alternate Routes

Finally got a clean paddle from from Seagrape Dr. (Home of the soon to open Welcome Center) to the Turner. Actually it wasn't so clean...I…

Started by yakmaster

5 Oct 11, 2009
Reply by yakmaster

Lost Portage

Open up NOAA Chart 11432 and it's hard for a Wilderness Waterway canoer not stare at the north reaches of Tarpon Bay and the south reaches…

Started by Terry

31 Oct 10, 2009
Reply by yakmaster

Shark River Slough and L-67

The airboat trail is obvious at 39'60" N and 42'25" W, just west of the large hammock. When I was out there in October I could not find the…

Started by Terry

11 Oct 5, 2009

Lake Ingraham area

Has anybody canoed from the Homestead Canal where it comes into the middle of Lake Ingraham northwest to the canal at the north end of Lake…

Started by Terry

13 Aug 14, 2009
Reply by Miami101

Trip report - Gator Hook to Oasis

This is a trip I'd been planning for some time, to connect the Gator Hook trail on the Loop Rd with the Florida Scenic Trail north of Rober…

Started by Keith W

1 May 19, 2009
Reply by yakmaster

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith W.   Powered by

Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service