Everglades Exploration Network

Views: 585

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

To clarify they are not "here" yet meaning they are not in the ENP or BCNP yet. They are without a doubt breeding east of Krome Ave. but I have no hunter reports of this species in the BCNP and I have not heard of any in the ENP..  I have a picture of a huge African Rock I may have posted it here somewhere.

I cant imagine anyone being charged with possession of a dead Python. But you cannot use a gun to kill this snake without a hunting liscense in hunting season in the BCNP. You cannot use a firearm in the ENP but I would imagine you could use a machette. We need to adopt a dont ask dont tell policy to kill these invaders.

In the BCNP we would like you to bring the carcass along with the GPS coordinates to one of the 4 wildlife check stations (Forty-Mile Bend, Monroe Station, Donna Drive or Bear Island)  We will not ask how you killed it and leaving your name is voluntary. There may be some changes on the way to exrtend the season for Pythons. You are permitted to keep the reptiles if you want to eat the meat or sell the hides.

The ENP is more strict as to the use of firearms. They used to have a drop off box at Shark Valley.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith W.   Powered by

Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service