Everglades Exploration Network

General Discussion (186)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Crocodiles can climb trees

Apparently alligators and crocodiles can climb trees. This is something I've still yet to see, but very interesting. http://www.reuters.com

Started by Dallas

3 Feb 17, 2014
Reply by Swamp Hunter

First 10000 islands trip

Me and some buddies are headed down to do some camping and fishing for three nights. We are putting in and chokoloskee and from what we can…

Started by Paul martin

4 Feb 6, 2014
Reply by Dallas

Travel Tips for First Time Yankees

Permalink Reply by Roger Hammer 3 hours ago I like May because you'll never see any GERMANS AND/OR YANKEES out there that time of year!! Pl…

Started by Rob Stevens

6 Feb 5, 2014
Reply by Swamp Hunter

Everglades Snow (periphyton algae)

What is the scoop with periphyton algae? I had the opportunity to observe it closely for a couple of days a few weeks ago.  Where I was…

Started by Rob Stevens

4 Jan 28, 2014
Reply by Rob Stevens

Thermacell

Does the THERMINATOR work? Sometimes I think yes. Sometimes I think no.  On what kind of bugs? I've heard its not much different from citro…

Started by Rob Stevens

33 Jan 17, 2014
Reply by Swamp Hunter

Sharks, Scorpions, and Frogs

Allison and I were paddling from Turkey to Hog one morning and from a distance we could see splashing in Bird Key Bight. When we finally…

Started by Rob Stevens

5 Jan 17, 2014
Reply by Swamp Hunter

Mosquito Netting

From past experience I've found that DEET will take the varnish off a hammer handle. I'm always afraid of getting it on the netting on m…

Started by Rob Stevens

6 Jan 14, 2014
Reply by Kim Gass

Navigation Terms and Tricks

These are a few terms and tricks Allison and I use. I would be curious to hear your terms and tricks. We use these terms when Navigator (Al…

Started by Rob Stevens

3 Jan 13, 2014
Reply by toofaraway

Which Way the Wind Blows

I was told on the Gulf Coast the south east wind is the norm. I'm familiar with places where down the coast means where the wind is like…

Started by Rob Stevens

4 Jan 12, 2014
Reply by Amazon Bill

Looking for a good solo canoe.

I am a long time kayaker looking for a good solo canoe. Would be used mostly on Glades trips and other camping expeditions. I've looked aro…

Started by SteveS

24 Jan 11, 2014
Reply by SteveS

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith W.   Powered by

Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service