Everglades Exploration Network

The Invitational is in the bag!!!

What a day. Thanks to Terry, for dreaming big & everyone that paddled it to show that it can be done!!

I will leave the storytelling to the Flexican, but here's the route picture & digits!

Views: 525

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

you're a mind reader Charlie! ;)

yakmaster said:

The photographers change, but the pictures seem to be the same 105 years later...

48273.jpg

What a great trip.  Thanks for the invitation. I got back to the ramp turned my phone on to find a pile of text messages.

From Dad - Your Aunt Caroline has passed (not too unexpected)

From Brother - Aunt Caroline has passed.

From Wife - Call me as soon as you get to the ramp.

Of course I called my father, then my brother, then my wife - assuming that my wife wanted to tell to notify me of my Aunts passing.  When I called her I said I heard that Aunt Caroline passed.....there was a long pause....Our nephew (19) Michael was found dead that morning at college.  I was with Terry and his wife in the car....(thanks for shuttle - if I did not thank you - it was all a blur) and I neglected to pay any attention as to how to get back to the finish point.  Ended up noodling around the area for 20 minutes or more and finally found it.

Got home @ 9:30 - cleaned up by 11pm. Dropped my wife and daughter at the airport at 4:30am Sunday AM.  I flew up for the services Monday and just returned.

To everyone on the trip - thanks. Sorry I plopped my canoe in the turn-around area....next time just push it in the woods if I do something like that.  I probably didn't say a whole lot when I got back to the ramp - can't remember much but I had a great time and look forward to more paddling with the group again.

After the last few days - my wife said to me this morning - I think we should go for a paddle Saturday.  We'll be doing the Turner River in the AM.

Jay

sorry Jay

keep those trails open

.. and now for something completely different:

CLICK IMAGE 4 fun safety film teaser

more to follow real soon..

You never fail to impress!

In the Miami Hearld, hard copy, 14 November 2013, 8 D.  On-line:

http://www.miamiherald.com/2013/11/14/3751706/trek-through-everglad...

Well it took a lil while for the film to be processed .. but here it is:

http://kayakfari.wordpress.com/trips-sea-stories-pics/grass-paddlin...

:)

You snooze you lose, Sue got the exclusive first report!

This is just a followup piece!

Apparently...You're more of a historian than a reporter...

Flex 029 Kayakfari said:

Well it took a lil while for the film to be processed .. but here it is:

http://kayakfari.wordpress.com/trips-sea-stories-pics/grass-paddlin...

:)

It was worth waiting for!  Flex that was a great writeup and I am glad you took pics of the second camp as we had to stay in canoes not having any space to get out and look around.

Excellent documentation, Flex!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith W.   Powered by

Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service