Everglades Exploration Network

Exploring the Everglades (148)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Please share your WW stories!

With my trip coming up quickly at less than 3 months away, I would like everyone who has done the trip to post a couple of their top memori…

Started by Daniel Madrigal

13 Mar 5, 2011

Advice for kayak trip.

Hi, just found this website, a great source of information,thanks. I am planning a 9 day kayak trip in the Everglades this February. There…

Started by Dave Briggs

12 Feb 25, 2011
Reply by Dave Briggs

Chickee platform easier access from tippy boats.

Here is the system that I have learned from my friend Alex. Most of you probably have a similar version and adapt it to your particular boa…

Started by vivian

16 Feb 23, 2011
Reply by Dave Briggs

Houseboats

I know I'll get heckled by the purists, but just think of the rental houseboats in Flamingo as portable chickees...with a/c!   Went out thi…

Started by yakmaster

6 Feb 23, 2011
Reply by yakmaster

Tying up your kayak at a chickee?

Can anyone please explain what is the best way to secure your kayak at a chickee for the night? If anyone has any pictures that might help?…

Started by Michael Waldman

13 Feb 10, 2011

Memorial Plaque on Mormon Key

We just returned from a fantastic trip out to Pavilion and Mormon Keys.  While wandering around Mormon Key we stumbled across a memorial pl…

Started by Megan Digeon

2 Jan 16, 2011
Reply by Swamp Hunter

Building a kit Kayak

Another in my incessant questions to get the best fit, the first time.   I've looked at Pygmy Boats and Chesepeake Light Craft for several…

Started by Wayne Wells

5 Jan 9, 2011

Flickr Accounts

Any of you guys have a Flickr account? Here is a link to my Everglades set. Send me links so we can share our pictures!  http://www.flickr

Started by Daniel Madrigal

5 Jan 7, 2011
Reply by Daniel Madrigal

Cell reception

Is there any cell reception on the WW? Wondering if I can use my laptop in the outback. Google Earth, specifically.

Started by Wayne Wells

4 Dec 10, 2010
Reply by Wayne Wells

Craighead's Pond?

Hey,I read the posts on the Taylor Slough paddle and have some questions about the CP area.Does anyone know how the name came about?  I rec…

Started by Gary M

3 Nov 22, 2010
Reply by Keith W

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith W.   Powered by

Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service