Everglades Exploration Network

Exploring the Everglades (148)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Birds, Birds, Birds

Allison and I did a 11 day trip this Christmas and had two incredible bird experiences.  The first was after we came up Charley Creek and w…

Started by Rob Stevens

2 Jan 14, 2013
Reply by Rob Stevens

Camping season has arrived!

Hey everyone! I went cycling in Shark Valley yesterday and wildlife was extremely abundant! Saw over 50 gators and at least 15 species of b…

Started by Daniel Madrigal

6 Jan 10, 2013
Reply by Jay

just finished through trip 12/24 - 12/30

My daughter & I just finished our first through trip & we had a blast.  Our route was somewhat designed by available sites, and als…

Started by Sarah Jane Smith

9 Jan 5, 2013
Reply by Gary M

Get me Going in the Right Direction

Hi! I am a newbie to the boards and to the Everglades. I am planning a canoe trip with my cousin for next month and could use a little push…

Started by Sarah Orman

7 Dec 28, 2012
Reply by Kim Gass

Everglades camping back in 1964 article from The Miami News

Interesting read circa 1964 that predates the Park backcountry/chickee system:: http://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=2206&dat=19640503

Started by Flex Kayakfari.com

0 Dec 15, 2012

Through Trip - 11/27 - 12/6 - Solo

Just back from a solo 10 day through trip.  First - thanks to members of this forum for suggesting ideas for my route and thanks to my fami…

Started by Jay

5 Dec 11, 2012
Reply by Miami101

Northern 10,000 Islands Camping

We are planning a trip for the end of December.  We usually stay within the Everglades National Park and have never gone further north than…

Started by Megan Digeon

10 Dec 7, 2012
Reply by Terry

Tides - NIghtmare

Doing some rough planning - I have done some searching (maybe I am just bad a searching) and could not find any posting regarding tides - a…

Started by Jay

16 Oct 18, 2012
Reply by yakmaster

Turner River Canoe Trail

Did the Turner River yesterday from 41 to Chokoloskee and return. Took the canoe.  I have not been down the Turner before so I don't have a…

Started by Jay

4 Sep 6, 2012
Reply by Daniel Madrigal

Is it too early to start planning for October 2012 Trips? What's your plan?

I stepped into the FNST at I-75 MP 63 yesterday, with dress shoes and slacks. The misquitos promptly found me and I realized it's rainy sea…

Started by Amazon Bill

7 May 15, 2012
Reply by Terry

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith W.   Powered by

Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service