Everglades Exploration Network

Exploring the Everglades (148)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Paddling permits - applying through agents

Hi all, Do paddlers have to apply in person for a permit and camping permissions - or is it possible to get an agent to apply on your behal…

Started by Steven Smith

3 Jan 25, 2012
Reply by Kim Gass

Crooked Creek Chickee

Went out to Tiger Key and back yesterday and today and talked to a ranger that said the Crooked Creek Chickee is open for business and the…

Started by Daniel Madrigal

11 Jan 23, 2012

First Trip-Hells Bay-Late Start, Big Wind and Cold Night

In June 2011, my powerboat membership expired and the water adventure blues immediately set in. Luckily while surfing the web, I found the…

Started by Amazon Bill

1 Jan 16, 2012
Reply by toofaraway

Time and Tide (current)

Allison and I did a trip from Turner River to Flamingo December 19 - 27 and maybe this info may be of use. Our itinerary was Turner River t…

Started by Rob Stevens

0 Jan 12, 2012

My second WW trip

I completed my first waterway trip in March of 2011. Went from Flamingo to South Joe, Graveyard, Highland, Rodgers, Plate Creek, Darwin's,…

Started by Daniel Madrigal

1 Jan 12, 2012
Reply by Terry

Charley Creek loop trip

Vivian, Alex and Fred and I just got back from an 8-day trip that included Charley Creek and the new crooked creek chickee, both new experi…

Started by Connie Mier

6 Jan 9, 2012
Reply by Tony L

Can anyone check over my trip and see if I'm missing anything?

Three of us are planning on doing the trip from Flamingo to EC this March and have some planned routes that I hope I can bounce off all of…

Started by Tony L

2 Dec 27, 2011
Reply by Tony L

Is a Storm Cag necessary?

I am thinking about getting a storm cag for paddling season in the Everglades this winter. I am planning multiple overnight paddles, hoping…

Started by Michael Waldman

3 Dec 13, 2011
Reply by vivian

North Nest Key. Suggestions?

Still looking at a good possible single overnight paddle. Being on the east coast myself I thought this site might be a possibility? Anyone…

Started by Michael Palozzola

14 Dec 7, 2011
Reply by Flex Kayakfari.com

Best route from Lane River / Bay toward Mahogany Hammock?

Terry's reports of traveling down from Mahogany Hammock really re-lit an old curiosity of mine.  I have poked around above Lane Bay and Lan…

Started by Gary M

3 Dec 7, 2011
Reply by Flex Kayakfari.com

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith W.   Powered by

Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service