Everglades Exploration Network

General Discussion (186)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Everglades Challenge 2011

Here are some photos from the launching of the Everglades Challenge this past weekend. Many of the paddlers are now working their way throu…

Started by Connie Mier

4 Mar 10, 2011
Reply by Connie Mier

East Cape next weekend! Anyone gonna be out there?

I will be doing an East Cape 1 nighter on Saturday 2/26 to prep for the Wilderness Waterway in a few weeks. If anyone is going to be out th…

Started by Daniel Madrigal

3 Feb 20, 2011
Reply by Jay

Attack of The Birds!

Yesterday I saw the craziest thing. I literal swarm of birds near the park entrance. I had a great day of paddling on Florida Bay but this…

3 Feb 14, 2011
Reply by Swamp Hunter

Kayak Modifications

These were actually precipitated from concerns about carrying a kayak with gear inside and how to best tether a kayak to a vehicle. Happy t…

Started by Wayne Wells

24 Feb 14, 2011
Reply by Swamp Hunter

Base Camping

I'm planning my next Everglades adventure; (and probably the last one this season) and I'd like to do two nights at Darwin's. When you guys…

Started by Juan Estevez

7 Feb 5, 2011
Reply by Kim Gass

not WWW but cool1879 book, 2600 miles paddling

This guy did some serious exploring:  4 months in a duckboat all the way down the Mississipi to the Suwanee River.  The last three chapters…

Started by toofaraway

0 Feb 3, 2011

Flamingo Bridge Closure

An addition to the NPS Everglades site that I just noticed.   Flamingo Bridge Closures Work to repair the Buttonwood Canal Bridge requires…

Started by Wayne Wells

0 Jan 30, 2011

IGFA Museum

I'm thinking of swinging by the IGFA Museum on my way down and was wondering if anyone has been or has any insight as to whether it is wort…

Started by Wayne Wells

2 Jan 30, 2011
Reply by Wayne Wells

anchoring paddle craft?

What do you guys carry to anchor with when paddling for more than a day trip? Anything?

Started by toofaraway

8 Jan 25, 2011
Reply by Juan Estevez

Anyone selling a touring kayak?

Hey guys, I have a hobie revolution with mirage drive which i absolutely LOVE. However, I want to upgrade to a fiberglass touring canoe so…

18 Jan 24, 2011
Reply by Daniel Madrigal

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith W.   Powered by

Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service