Everglades Exploration Network

News (71)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Park Seeks Comments on Proposed Pole and Troll Zone in Florida Bay‏

Below is a link to the ENP as they are looking for comments on the proposed pole and troll zone in Florida Bay. Make you voice heard. http…

Started by Ted

2 Nov 14, 2009
Reply by toofaraway

Johnson Key Chickee (as of Sep 09)

I found some pictures of the new Johnson Key Chickee in Florida Bay. It was posted by one of the local outfitters. here:

Started by Juan Estevez

0 Oct 18, 2009

Article about Bear Lake Trail clearing in Sun Sentinel

The below article and video was in June 28th Sun Sentinel. http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/local/palmbeach/sfl-everglades-canoe-b062609,0

Started by Ted

5 Oct 5, 2009
Reply by Bob Quirk

Tribe opposing Everglades road work

Work on the 1-mile bridge on the eastern Tamiami Trail is expected to go forward, starting in about 4 weeks, in spite of a lawsuit by the M…

Started by Keith W

0 Oct 1, 2009

National Public Lands Day

Volunteer Day - Everglades National Park, Shark Valley 26 September 2009 09:00 - 13:00 Trail Maintenance Contact info: www.publiclandsday.…

Started by Terry

0 Sep 21, 2009

FWC opens python captures to licensed hunters on S. Fla. WMAs

The Florida Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission (FWC) has announced a new policy that will allow licensed hunters to legally…

Started by Keith W

8 Sep 3, 2009
Reply by Keith W

U.S., Florida reach Everglades restoration deal

"Water managers and the White House signed a crucial contract Thursday that promises a much-needed infusion of federal dollars for the Ever…

Started by Rik

0 Aug 14, 2009

Glen Simmons

I'm saddened to report that Glen Simmons, one of the last of the original Gladesmen, left this world early Tuesday morning, July 21, at the…

Started by Keith W

3 Jul 26, 2009
Reply by Connie Mier

Hunts sought to kill pythons in Fla. Everglades

Sign me up! Story here: Hunts sought to kill pythons in Fla. Everglades

Started by Keith W

7 Jul 17, 2009
Reply by yakmaster

House bill boosts Everglades restoration

House bill boosts Everglades restoration Good news for the restoration effort. "Everglades restoration would get $210 million of federal…

Started by Keith W

0 Jul 16, 2009

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith W.   Powered by

Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service